Book a BMW service
Bavaria BMW's goal is to keep your ultimate driving machine tuned for long-term performance and safety. Our technicians are trained by BMW Canada and only genuine BMW parts. We serve Edmonton area and Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Lloydminster, Fort McMurray, and Grande Prairie. Book a free service loaner, and save 10% per service with the Go Auto App.
What sets us apart? Our commitment to providing you with the lowest price tires this season. In fact, if you find a better deal, we will beat it by 5%.
View full terms and conditions at https://www.goauto.ca/service/tires-parts
Why you should service at Bavaria BMW
Your BMW is a precisely adjusted machine and needs the right care from a manufacturer-approved BMW service shop. Bavaria BMW's Service Centre in Edmonton has the latest equipment needed to efficiently diagnose and repair your vehicle. Our mechanics are fully certified and trained to your vehicle running as only a BMW can.
Performance & safety guarantee
Bavaria BMW's team of skilled mechanics specialize in BMW repair, possessing vast experience and practical expertise. Our technicians are fully certified and factory-trained by BMW Canada and ensure your BMW remains at original manufacturer standards. We take pride in our commitment to provide the same level of attentive care to every vehicle we work on.
We use genuine BMW parts
Original BMW parts are precisely engineered to deliver the high standard of quality you expect from BMW. As with any vehicle, some components of a BMW will wear over time, and you'll need replacements. When this happens, opt for genuine parts, which are the same high-quality components used to build a new BMW. This way, you ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Free shuttle service & loaners
Our shuttle service covers the entire Edmonton area. Alternatively, use a loaner vehicle to get to where you need to go when your BMW is in our shop.
Save 10% every visit with the Go Card
Our signature rewards program, the Go Card, is free to join and saves you at least 10% on every service, parts, and accessory bill. Learn more about how the Go Card program can earn you $500.
The benefits of BMW ownership
Owning a BMW is special and brings its own advantages. Here are just a few!
Free three-year scheduled maintenance
New BMWs bought from Bavaria BMW are covered by No-charge Scheduled Maintenance for three years or 60,000 kilometers, whichever comes first. Your vehicle’s essential servicing needs are covered at no extra charge and taken care of by our BMW certified technicians using only original BMW parts.
Extended scheduled maintenance coverage can be bought, providing up to eight years or 160,000 kilometres (whichever comes first). Read more below under the BMW Service Inclusion heading or contact us for details at 780-484-0000.
Two-year labour & parts warranty
A genuine BMW part bought at a BMW retailer comes with a two-year unlimited kilometre warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is only available at BMW retailers. Bavaria BMW uses genuine BMW parts, manufactured by a supplier selected by BMW. Suppliers are held to BMW's high standards of quality, resulting in parts that meet original equipment standards.
Genuine parts are the same as the parts used to build a new BMW. They are made with the precise craftsmanship that goes into every BMW. Yes, you'll pay more for a genuine part. But this is the only way to ensure your BMW runs like new after it's been serviced or repaired.
Discount for BMW Club members
BMW enthusiasts love their vehicles. So much so that they founded BMW Clubs of Canada in 1973. The club fosters the diverse interests of BMW owners and enthusiasts and offer a wide range of events, such as social gatherings, technical sessions, autocrosses, driving instruction, and show-and-shines. If you share a passion for your BMW and want to connect with like-minded individuals, join your local chapter. Best of all, club members get a 10% discount on services at Bavaria BMW.
BMW oil change
A warranty-approved BMW oil change is an essential service to keeping your vehicle running at its peak performance. If your BMW is covered by the No-charge Scheduled Maintenance, your oil and filter changes are free for three-years/60,000 kms. If it's not covered, you can still get a BMW oil change at a competitive rate. We offer a fast express lube and oil change service that will have your vehicle back on the road in no time.
Order your tires today
Order new tires as soon as you need them. We offer a two-year tire replacement warranty, no questions asked. Parts and labour are covered on all tires sold.
Edmonton Bavaria BMW services
Protect your investment and maintain your BMW with luxury car services at Edmonton's Bavaria BMW. Whether you're just in for an oil change or need more in-depth mechanical repair, you'll find that our prices are competitive, and our service is top-notch.
You can also discover additional service offerings from BMW. Call us at 780-484-0000, and we'll be happy to help.
BMW Service Inclusion
BMW Service Inclusive extends your worry-free maintenance coverage beyond the standard No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance period. With locked in costs over the long term and a package tailored to your precise needs, you will enjoy lower overall maintenance expenses versus services received à la carte.
What does Service Inclusion offer?
BMW Service Inclusive consists of maintenance work and services for your BMW (including oil, labour, and all necessary Original BMW Parts) specifically related to the following:
- Engine oil change including oil filter, replacement of air filter, and spark plugs*
- Replacement of fuel filter (diesel only)*
- Replacement of micro filter
- Replacement of brake fluid
- Charging of battery to 75 – 80% (Only for EV).
*Only applicable to gas powered vehicles.
Service Inclusion Plus
In addition to the services included with the No-Charge Scheduled Maintenance and Service Inclusive options, Service Inclusive Plus includes these additional wear-and-tear repairs:
- Front Brake Pads and Discs
- Rear Brake Pads and Discs
- Clutch (if worn)*
- Windshield Wiper Blades
*Only applicable to gas powered vehicles.
The My BMW app
The My BMW App delivers plenty of benefits and can be downloaded to iPhones or Android smartphones. It offers:
- Flexible online appointment booking
- Overview of service options and pending maintenance work for your BMW
- Fast BMW Roadside Assistance, thanks to automatic transmission of vehicle data and location
- Convenient control and monitoring of the vehicle, regardless of your location.
New features and updates for your BMW are added to the app regularly. Download The My BMW App today!
Value service packages calculator
Bavaria BMW is commited to transparent and all-inclusive pricing with BMW Value Service Packages. These packages are tailored to your BMW model's needs and offer:
- Premium services including oil, microfilter, brake services, and more
- Qualified BMW service technicians
- Original BMW parts
- The two-year Parts & Labour Warranty means when you leave your Bavaria BMW appointment you can be confident knowing that the servicing or repair work makes your BMW ready for the road ahead.
Valet while your car's being serviced
Bavaria BMW understands the value of your time. That's why we're now offering two services within one appointment! When you book your service appointment, take advantage of our Valet Service for only $60!
- We'll meet you at a scheduled time and place, collect your vehicle and, when everything is complete, we'll return it to you
- If you prefer, a Service Advisor can assess your vehicle after picking it up, and then contact you with the details prior to servicing your vehicle
- If you require a loaner vehicle, we can bring one to you, go through its features to ensure you are comfortable, and you'll be all set while your vehicle is in the shop.
* During regular service hours and within city limits, but some exceptions may potentially be made.
BMW recall search
BMW is committed to the Ultimate Driving Experience®. However, occasionally, a part or component of your vehicle may need to be inspected, updated, or replaced to keep your BMW safely performing at its full potential.
Follow this link to see if your vehicle is subject to a recall. Enter your vehicle identification number (VIN) in the field and if your vehicle is affected by a recall, we recommended that you request a service appointment with Bavaria BMW, where our BMW certified technicians will perform the repair free of charge.
What is a full service on a BMW?
A full service will depend on the model of your BNW. You should check your owners manual for service intervals, or sign-up for reminders from Bavaria BMW. In most instances it consists of:
- Oil and filter change
- Renew microfilters
- Change air filters
- Renew fuel filter (diesel models only)
- Vehicle check service
- Renew brake fluid
- A full engine, interior, and exterior check and, if required, a tire rotation.
How long can I drive my BMW with a service light?
The service light is designed to alert you when it is time for scheduled maintenance, based on the number of kilometers and the amount of time since the last service was performed. This is an important reminder to take your vehicle in for maintenance, even if it appears to be running well. Ignoring the service light could lead to more significant problems in the long run.
In addition to following the recommended service intervals, it is also a good idea to stay on top of any other maintenance needs that arise. If you notice any unusual sounds or vibrations, or if something just doesn't seem right with your vehicle, it is important to have it checked out by a qualified mechanic. By staying on top of maintenance and addressing any issues promptly, you can help to ensure that your vehicle runs smoothly for years to come.
What causes a BMW check engine light and what does it cost to fix it?
A BMW check engine light can be triggered by a variety of issues, ranging from minor to severe. Some of the most common causes of a check engine light in a BMW include:
- Faulty Oxygen Sensor: The oxygen sensor measures the amount of oxygen in the exhaust and sends this information to the engine control unit (ECU). A faulty oxygen sensor can cause the ECU to misinterpret the data, leading to a check engine light.
- Loose or Damaged Gas Cap: A loose or damaged gas cap can cause a vacuum leak in the fuel system, leading to a check engine light.
- Malfunctioning Mass Airflow Sensor: The mass airflow sensor measures the amount of air entering the engine and sends this information to the ECU. A malfunctioning sensor can cause the ECU to misinterpret the data, leading to a check engine light.
- Bad Spark Plugs or Ignition Coils: The spark plugs and ignition coils work together to ignite the fuel in the engine. If one or more of these components is faulty, it can cause a misfire and trigger the check engine light.
The cost to fix a BMW check engine light can vary widely, depending on the cause of the issue. Some minor issues, such as a loose gas cap or a faulty oxygen sensor, can be relatively inexpensive to fix. However, more severe issues, such as a malfunctioning mass airflow sensor or a bad catalytic converter, can be much more expensive to repair.
In general, the cost to diagnose and fix a check engine light in a BMW can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. It is important to have the issue diagnosed by a qualified mechanic to determine the exact cause and the cost of repair.
How long do most BMW engines last?
The lifespan of a BMW engine can vary depending on several factors, such as the model, driving conditions, maintenance, and usage. However, in general, BMW engines are designed to be durable and long-lasting.
With proper maintenance, many BMW engines can easily last 320,000 kilometres or more. Some BMW models, such as the 3 Series and 5 Series, have been known to last up to 480,000 kilometres or more with proper care. This is because BMW engines are built with high-quality materials and are designed to be powerful and reliable.
However, it's important to note that the lifespan of a BMW engine can also be affected by how it's driven and maintained. Hard driving, such as racing or frequent acceleration and deceleration, can put extra wear and tear on the engine and shorten its lifespan. Similarly, neglecting regular maintenance such as oil changes, filter replacements, and other routine services can also cause premature engine failure.
To ensure that your BMW engine lasts as long as possible, it's important to follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule, use high-quality parts and fluids, and avoid harsh driving conditions. Additionally, having regular inspections and addressing any issues promptly can help to prevent small problems from turning into larger, more expensive ones.
Are tires covered under the BMW warranty?
In Canada, BMW offers a limited warranty for new vehicles, which covers defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 4 years or 80,000 km, whichever comes first. This warranty covers the entire vehicle, including the tires, for the duration of the warranty period.
However, it's important to note that the BMW warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, including tire wear. This means that if your tires wear out due to normal use during the warranty period, they would not be covered under the warranty.
Additionally, if your tires are damaged due to road hazards, such as potholes, nails, or debris, they would not be covered under the BMW warranty. Some BMW dealerships may offer additional tire protection plans or warranties for an additional cost, which can provide coverage for road hazard damage or premature wear, but these plans are not included in the standard BMW warranty.
In summary, while BMW's limited warranty in Canada covers tires for defects in materials or workmanship, it does not cover normal wear and tear or damage due to road hazards. It's always a good idea to check the specifics of your warranty coverage with your BMW dealership or in the warranty booklet that came with your vehicle.
Do you perform an inspection before sale on pre-owned BMWs?
Yes, all pre-owned cars are inspected. With certified pre-owned, before a pre-owned BMW can receive the distinction of being certified, it goes through a detailed 360° vehicle inspection, gets reconditioned using Original BMW parts, and is approved by our trained technicians who know it best.
Do you offer complimentary cleaning or disinfection before returning my vehicle?
Yes, your vehicle will be given a basic clean before you collect it. We no longer perform disinfections on vehicles, now that that COVID is not posing such a threat.
BMWs are known to have reliability issues. What should I look out for when buying a BMW?
While BMWs are generally known for their performance and luxury, some models have had reliability issues in the past. Here are some things to look out for when buying a used BMW:
- Check for maintenance records: A well-maintained BMW is more likely to be reliable than one that has been neglected. Check for maintenance records to see if the previous owner kept up with regular services, such as oil changes, brake inspections, and fluid flushes.
- Look for signs of wear and tear: Pay attention to the condition of the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Look for dents, scratches, rust, and other signs of wear and tear that could indicate that the vehicle has not been well-cared for.
- Test drive the vehicle: Take the BMW for a test drive to see how it performs. Listen for any unusual noises, such as rattling or grinding, and pay attention to how the vehicle handles.
- Check for recalls and service bulletins: BMW has issued several recalls and service bulletins for various models over the years. Check to see if the BMW you are considering has any outstanding recalls or bulletins that need to be addressed.
- Research the specific model and year: Some BMW models and years have had more reliability issues than others. Do some research to see if the model and year you are considering have any known issues that should be addressed.
- Get a pre-purchase inspection: Before buying a used BMW, it's a good idea to have it inspected by a qualified mechanic. This can help to identify any issues that may not be immediately apparent.
By paying attention to these factors, you can help to ensure that you are buying a reliable used BMW. It's also important to keep up with regular maintenance and address any issues promptly to help keep your BMW running smoothly for years to come.
What will an extension of my maintenance plan cost?
The cost depends on your model and exactly which plan you want. Additionally, there are sometimes special offers on these packages. Contact us at 780-484-0000 for more information and details.